A few openings remain for trips that are part of the December session of the annual Wings Over Water Wildlife Festival set for this weekend on the Outer Banks.
The Wings Over Water, or WOW, Encore session Friday-Sunday is the follow-up to the main event held in October and offers trips designed to provide better possibilities of seeing large flocks of migratory birds and waterfowl.
“Looks like it’s going to be a really good week and we’re loaded with birds,” said Steve Brumfield, a coordinator for the festival.
Brumfield said the festival’s registration website lists real-time numbers and whether a trip is full or not. Click on the “Register Now” link to check the status without having to enter any personal information.
“It’s easy for someone to go online to see what programs have openings,” he said.
At the time of this publication, openings were available for the following trips:
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Birding – Friday and Saturday.
- Mattamuskeet & Swan Quarter National Wildlife Refuges Birding – Friday.
- Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge Birding – Friday.
- Oregon Inlet Old Coast Guard Station Birding – Saturday.
- Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge North Pond Birding – Friday and Sunday.
- Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge South Pond & Beach Birding – Friday and Saturday.
Like This Story?
It costs about $500 to produce this and all other stories on CRO. You can help pay some of the cost by sponsoring a day on CRO for as little as $100 or by donating any amount you're comfortable with. All sponsorships and donations are tax-deductible.