The North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries is holding a public hearing at 6 p.m. Oct. 28 on proposed shellfish leases in Pender County.
The following are the proposed leases in Pender County:
- Cape Fear Oyster Co., LLC, (William Scott Burrell, agent) has applied for a 1.06-acre bottom and water column lease in Seaside Areas near Butler Creek.
- Coastal Roots Oyster Co., LLC, (David Roughton, agent) has applied for a 1.32-acre bottom and water column lease in Seaside Areas near Green Channel.
- Bryan Pearson has applied for a 1-acre bottom and water column lease in Seaside Areas near Nixon’s Channel.
- Topsail Sound Shellfish, LLC, (Ronald Sheffield, agent) has applied for a 0.88-acre bottom lease in Long Point Channel.
- Jeffrey Coward and Bradford Robbins have applied for a 3.04-acre water column lease in Seaside Areas, near Topsail Sound.
Also, the public can send written comments until 6 p.m. Oct. 29 either using this online form or by mail to the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, Shellfish Leases, P.O. Box 769, Morehead City, N.C. 28557.
- All public hearing information, including webinar instructions, the call-in telephone number, presentation slides and biological investigation.
- Find out the status of a current shellfish lease application or about the location of an active or terminated shellfish lease, use the Division of Marine Fisheries’ Shellfish Lease and Aquaculture Program interactive shellfish aquaculture tool. The map was designed to allow the public to follow the application process.
- For more, contact Marla Chuffo with the division’s Habitat and Enhancement Section at 252-808-8048 or Marla.Chuffo@ncdenr.gov.
Like This Story?
It costs about $500 to produce this and all other stories on CRO. You can help pay some of the cost by sponsoring a day on CRO for as little as $100 or by donating any amount you're comfortable with. All sponsorships and donations are tax-deductible.