The North Carolina Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve will hold next month’s local advisory committee meetings online.
The public may join the meetings scheduled for Dec. 1 through Dec. 11 online by clicking the following corresponding links or by phone:
- Permuda Island Reserve 10 a.m. Dec. 1. Join meeting online.
- Zeke’s Island Reserve 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. Join meeting online.
- Rachel Carson Reserve 3 p.m. Dec. 1. Join meeting online.
- Masonboro Island Reserve 3 p.m. Dec. 2. Join meeting online.
- Bird Island Reserve 9 a.m. Dec. 3. Join meeting online.
- Bald Head Woods Reserve 2 p.m. Dec. 3. Join meeting online.
- Emily and Richardson Preyer Buckridge Reserve 10 a.m. Dec. 8. Join meeting online.
- Buxton Woods Reserve 2 p.m. Dec. 9. Join meeting online.
- Kitty Hawk Woods Reserve 2 p.m. Dec. 10. Join meeting online.
- Currituck Banks Reserve 10:30 p.m. Dec. 11. Join meeting online.
The N.C. Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve Program protects natural areas for education, research and compatible traditional uses. Since its creation in 1989, the program has preserved more than 44,000 acres of unique coastal environments at 10 sites along the coast.
The reserve advisory committees members are citizens and representatives from community organizations, government agencies and nongovernmental partner organizations that provide the Division of Coastal Management’s Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve staff with guidance and feedback regarding program activities and management of the reserve sites.
Like This Story?
It costs about $500 to produce this and all other stories on CRO. You can help pay some of the cost by sponsoring a day on CRO for as little as $100 or by donating any amount you're comfortable with. All sponsorships and donations are tax-deductible.