The state Division of Marine Fisheries is holding an online hearing at 6 p.m. March 9 on proposed shellfish leases in Hyde County.
The meeting can be accessed online at https://ncdenrits.webex.com/
The following are the applicants and lease locations:
- David Fletcher O’Neal has applied for a 4.92-acre bottom and water column lease behind Ocracoke Inlet.
- Stephen Wilson has applied for a 3.59-acre bottom and water column lease in Howard Reef.
- Jeffrey Credle has applied for a 1.40-acre bottom and water column lease in Germantown Bay.
- Charles Van Salisbury has applied for a 1.01-acre bottom and water column lease in Jeanette Creek.
- Patrick Leonard, agent, for Wanchese Fish Co., has applied for a 9.57-acre bottom lease Berrys Bay.
Public hearing information, including the web conference link and call-in telephone number, presentation slides and biological investigation reports can be found on the website.
Written comments will be accepted until 6 p.m. March 10 either using the online form or mailed to the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, Shellfish Leases, P.O. Box 769, Morehead City, N.C. 28557.
For more information, contact Marla Chuffo with the division’s Habitat and Enhancement Section at 252-808-8048 or Marla.Chuffo@ncdenr.gov.
Like This Story?
It costs about $500 to produce this and all other stories on CRO. You can help pay some of the cost by sponsoring a day on CRO for as little as $100 or by donating any amount you're comfortable with. All sponsorships and donations are tax-deductible.