Coastal Review Online periodically publishes photos focused on the North Carolina coastal environment from staff, readers and freelancers. We also highlight selected photos on our homepage and Facebook page and Twitter profile.
Photos should capture North Carolina’s coastal character as it relates to the natural environment. They will be judged based on their originality, technical excellence, lighting, composition, artistic merit and overall effect or storytelling. Show us the beauty or personality of the North Carolina coastal environment with shots of its landscapes, wildlife, people or culture. We’re also looking for images that depict the news that Coastal Review Online covers. No topic will be given priority over another. Remember, originality is key.
- You must be 18 years and older.
- You do not have to live in North Carolina to submit a photo.
- Photos must be taken within one of North Carolina’s 20 coastal counties: Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Tyrell and Washington.
- Limit to one photo a week.
- Actual file size may not exceed 2MB and must be in a jpeg format; must have a minimum resolution of 72 dpi.
How to Submit
All photos submitted to the CRO Photo of the Week are subject to the following authorization notice:
AUTHORIZED USE NOTICE: By submitting a photo, you agree to the rules, terms and conditions that have been established for this photo competition. You also agree that Coastal Review Online and the North Carolina Coastal Federation can use your submission(s) for any purpose whatsoever and you warrant that the submissions are your own original work. By emailing your submissions, you waive and release any and all claims and rights against Coastal Review Online and the North Carolina Coastal Federation and you indemnify and hold Coastal Review Online and the North Carolina Coastal Federation harmless from all actions, costs, liabilities, losses or damages arising out of your submissions used by Coastal Review Online and the North Carolina Coastal Federation, including those alleged or asserted by a third party to be unauthorized.
You can submit one photo a week, for as many weeks as you’d like. To submit, please fill out the following form: